This is custom heading element
The mission of Sunshine Gospel Ministries (SGM) is to seek the renewal of the city through ministries of discipleship, mercy and justice. Our vision is to empower youth and families to thrive and lead prosperous, healthy lives through connectedness, opportunity, and economic sustainability. Our culture is open, warm, inviting and family oriented. We are a ministry that seeks individuals who have a passion for the Gospel, and our youth and families in the Woodlawn community.
The Executive Administrative Coordinator provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship to the Executive Director. The Executive Administrative Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Executive Director. The Executive Administrative Coordinator also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects. The Executive Administrative Coordinator must be creative and enjoy working within a small non-profit that is mission-driven, community oriented and have a passion for the plight of youth and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, itineraries, agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the ED’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the ED’s time and office.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the ED’s office, the Board of Directors and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, confidentiality, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the ED to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the ED updated.
- Successfully completes deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, special projects and other tasks that facilitate the ED’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Research outreach opportunities for impactful community engagement aligned with the needs and goals of our mission.
- Coordinate and assess our organization’s performance and effectiveness of communication and community outreach to provide actionable optimization recommendations to increase our collaborative efforts and connections
- Contribute to the organization’s external awareness through collecting data from research, providing updated messaging and review of community developments.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
This position is part-time at 25 hours a week and requires 5-hour workdays Monday through Friday.
Education Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with multi-departmental priorities
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, project management, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications, as well as proven time management skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and maturity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom and Social media web platforms
Proficiency in website maintenance and graphic design a plus, but are not essential to the job
- Professionalism and Maturity
- Community Conscious
- Cultural intelligence
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk and/or sit; use hands to fingers or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must be able to bend, stoop, pull, push, lift, as well as have overhead extension of arms. Must be able to stand for long periods of time; be able to lift, carry or move at least 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a public building and/or outdoors and thus will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times, can be high.